The other day Ella was playing with a little sticker with a picture of a baby chick on it. Then she started putting the baby chick sticker into her PJs and saying that she had a baby chick in her belly. And soon she was asking for a tub that she and the chick could get into. I didn't understand the importance of the tub at the time, and I was getting a little annoyed because we were supposed to be eating our lunch then. But as soon as I realized what was happening I grabbed the video camera and got just about the most precious 3 and 1/2 minutes of video on how babies are born and what they are like and what you should do with them.
(For those of you that don't know, Ella was born in a birthing tub, and Ziggy will be too. Hence the bit about the tub.)
Ella is basically the most informed 2-year-old on the planet when it comes to the issue of childbirth. At other times she's said "when Ziggy comes out, I'll blow dry her hair" (again, a reference to the birthing tub)--we explained why that was sweet but probably unnecessary. Or "when Ziggy comes out, she shall be measured." I have no idea where the "shall" came from.
As you may have noticed, she sometimes makes a fun noise like "zip!" or "whoop!" to indicate how fast the baby comes out accompanied by a dramatic arm gesture. Here's hoping!
I (Lauren speaking now) have been meaning to do a post dedicated to Ziggy for months, but haven't had the time. Seth's been doing all our blog-keeping. But I promise I'll get to it soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment