Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Doin' Stuff IIII: Eatin' Stuff

For a long time Ella was not interested in eating anything that didn't come from her Mama. She didn't even eat mushy stuff reliably until she was like 7 or 8 months old. And even then she would only have it if it was exactly the right temperature, consistency and sweetened up with prunes or pears.

Now she eats everything. Well, not exactly. She eats all variety of foods, but she really only wants to eat what we're eating at the moment. If we're having it, she wants it. If she's given something other than what we're having she looks at us as if to say, "Hey! How come I get this crap when you guys are having that yummy looking stuff?!"

For example, we were having ice cream one day and she was very interested. I thought to myself, "she won't like this; it's too cold for her" remembering back to the time when temperature was very important. So I gave her a bite just to satisfy her curiosity. Oh boy! That was the end. It was ice cream or else from that moment until it was all gone.

I thought she wouldn't like ICE CREAM! What an idiot. But she wasn't allowed to have ice cream again till her first birthday, when Grandma Jane gave her her first official taste. Now she'll probably eat ice cream whenever Grandma can sneak her some!

Here are some other foods she enjoys:

Chocolate Chip Cookie!

Courtesy of Grandma Nicci (who didn't let her have any of the chips).

"What, does this kid only eat cookies and ice cream?" you may be thinking. Heck no! She also likes ...

Broccoli!

(I know! What kid likes broccoli?)

and ...
Cucumber!

(Best when eaten nekked.)

Yogurt!

All by herself! With a spoon! (sort of.)

And most recently she enjoyed birthday cake! More on that later ...

No comments:

Post a Comment