Saturday, December 5, 2009

Givethanksing

Thanksgiving started early for me--Ella was hungry at 6:20am, too close to my 7:15 alarm for me to go back to sleep even when she was happily snuggled with Seth.

Alarm on Thanksgiving? you ask. You know it! Had to get up early for the annual Feaster Five, the 5k I've been doing with my dad and various other people for almost a decade. This year my dad was sick and couldn't come, so I had to represent the Ellis clan with Shannon and our friend Erin (her first 5k!).

It was my first 5k post-Ella. I started running four weeks earlier and slowly (and I mean slowly) worked my way up to 3 miles. I finished in just over 35 minutes. Slower than I wanted to be, but it still feels good to be working out again and getting back in shape. In the spring Ella and I can start running together with our fancy jogging stroller.

Anyway, when I got home Ella and I needed a nap (it's tiring being a baby!)

Then we got Ella all dressed up in her Thanksgiving best to go to my aunt's house.












Nice bloomers, huh? This matching set came from the nice people who run the food cart at BU where Seth gets his lunch everyday. Isn't that sweet of them?

To get to my aunt's, Ella took her first train ride. Can you believe we hadn't taken her on the train in 4 months? That means I hadn't been on the train in 4 months either. Ella and I used to ride the bus together a lot, but she'd never been on a train. I think she liked it.

When we got there, Ella got to meet her cousin Jennifer for the first time and visit with cousin Adam and great aunt Ann and my family. She was particularly thankful for her grandma, as indicated on her bib--one of her favorite modes of expression.

After a delicious dinner we rode the train back home and went back to sleep.

A pretty good first Thanksgiving. I hope you all had a nice holiday too, ate some good food, and matched your hat and your underwear for the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment